Departing from Varadero and for professional divers, we introduce this diving tour in a sinking ship near Cayo Blanco. The perfect opportunity to discover the sea-bottom wealthy of Cuban seas.
Pick up at the Varadero hotel and transfer to the Dive Center. Once at the Dive Center, the client's documents are checked (Certification and Log Book), receive the necessary equipment and assemble everything, always checked by an instructor. Later get on the boat, after an introduction explaining the dive program of the day.
The first dive is done on a sunken ship (Barriga), at a depth of 18 meters. Located north of Cayo Blanco and 50 minutes from Chapelín. You can see the remains of a Liberian tanker, sunk in a tragic accident. In this place you can see more than 50 species of tropical fish, snail varieties and more than 11 different types of corals.
Once the first dive is finished, a 50-minute surface interval is enjoyed and a second dive is done at a depth of 12 meters on the sunken ship (Caribbean), a Cuban shrimp boat located north of Cayo Blanco and only 40 minutes from Marina Chapelín. In this place, you can see more than 54 species of tropical fish, varieties of sponges, snails and more than 10 species of corals.
Once the dive is finished, clients move on the boat to Cayo Blanco to enjoy lunch (buffet table with seafood offers) and beach time.
At 2h30 they move to a dolphinarium to interact with dolphins.
At 4h00 the return to Marina Chapelín and back to hotel in Varadero.
It is mandatory for divers to carry their accreditation or diving license and sign the Diving Risk Release form.
Limitations to Dive
1- Certification level
2- Advanced age
3- Respiratory diseases
4- Cardiovascular diseases
5- Psychiatric diseases
6- Physical impairments
7- Age: less than 15 years old
8- Flight by plane in less than 24 hours
You should know:
• The miles to navigate to reach the dive sites on the north coast range between 6 and 10 miles, leaving from Marina Chapelín.
• The average water temperature at the dive sites ranges between 27 and 30 degrees in summer and between 23 and 25 degrees in winter.
• The duration of a dive ranges between 40 and 50 minutes, the surface rest time between one dive and another is between 30 and 60 minutes.
• The overall depth ranges from 10 to 30 meters.
• Underwater medicine services are included, including a hyperbaric chamber 30 minutes from Varadero.
• Transfer in collective service from the Hotel in Varadero to the Diving Center • Package of two dives per person • Boat shared with other customers • Complete diving equipment (mask, fins, compensating vest, aluminum tank (11 liters), belt with leads, isothermal suit and regulator) • Guide instructor service (1 instructor every 6 advanced divers) • Lunch and beach time in Cayo Blanco • Interaction with dolphins • Return to the hotel in Varadero in collective service
International flight ticket. Visa. Medical insurance. Tips for guide and driver or other staff that provide direct customer service. Other services not mentioned above.
Meeting point and meeting time:
From 08h15 to 09h30 depending on accommodation in Varadero
physical activity level:
Personalized : Personalized service to feed your needs
8 hours from pick-up time
private option available:
As long as the client approves instruction in the pool
Prices in US Dollar and subject to change. All hotels will be in especified or similar category. Itinerary subject to change or modifications based on weather conditions, changes in transportation schedule or any other situation beyond our control
Cancellation policy: Cancellations made 30 days before the vacation starting date will be subject to a $100 cancellation fee. Cancellations made between the 30 days and 48 hours to the vacation starting date will be subject to a 30% cancellation fee. Cancellations made within the 48 hours before starting day will be subject to a 60% cancellation fee.